maida - 300 gms
sugar - 125 gms
butter -180 gms
milk - 1/4 cup
salt a pinch
pineapple or vanilla essence - 3 drops
Pre- heat microwave.
If using OTG, pre-heat at 275deg F for 15 minutes.
1. Sieve together maida and salt. Powder the sugar. Take the butter out of the fridge an hour or so before you start, so it softens sufficiently. No, don't melt it.
Note: Don't add salt if you are using salted butter.
2. Mix the butter with essence and the powdered sugar. Adding the essence at this stage, ensures even mixing and therefore even distribution of flavour.
3. Mix in the maida and knead till the mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
5. Keep kneading till the mixture is bound add a few drops of milk if needed. Unfortunately I forgot to take pictures of this step. I'll do it and include the picture the next time I make these basic cookies.
6. Roll out the dough into 1/4 " thick slabs. Cut into desired shapes using cookie cutters.
7. Prick top of each cookie with a fork 3 times to facilitate even baking.
8. Place cookies in a greased tray.
9. Microwave on high for 9-10 minutes. If using OTG at 275deg for 20 minutes.
Note: Subsequent batches bake faster. So try 7 minutes (microwave) for the 2nd batch.